Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Guys vs. Girls

It seems as though women have a tougher adolescence than men do. The articles talk about a period in which girls go through what the author called "The Bermuda Triangle," a time in which girls go through a stage of decreasing grades, loss of assertiveness, and a need to rebel. Sometimes junior high school for some girls is described as the time they have "died." However, in our group discussions I talked with the girls about this subject and none have them said they could relate to this. I realize the stage probably happens to the young woman populous, but nobody can relate to this stage. Personally, I do not remember going through many hardships growing up as a young boy. The only real thing I can remember having a hard time with was making sure my emotions do not show and that I maintain my status as a growing man, not a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment