A. Rank your 3 favorite psychology professions and why.
Sports Psychologist - They study how the brain works when a person is playing a sport and why they enjoy it so much. This appeals to me because I am very interested in sports and I would find it interesting to learn how I am thinking when I play them.
Consumer Psychologist- They study why people buy the products that they do. This interests me because I find it interesting that people walk into a store and buy things that they see on the way because it suddenly catches their eye. I would like to know how they are thinking when they do this.
Developmental Psychologist- They study the stages in which people live their lives. I find this interesting because people change constantly and it is interesting to observe how much a person changes in a given amount of time mentally and physically.
B. Do you think that you might consider majoring in psychology? Why or why not?
Yes I am considering it because I have always observed people and wondered how they work, why they do the things they do, why they say the things they say, why they act the way they act, and I have always looked to have a career in this field.
C. In what ways do you think that the study of psychology is useful outside of work?
I feel it is useful if somebody is going through a hard time and they need some helpful advice and somebody to talk to. I feel it is also useful if a person is acting strangely and possibly may have a psychological disease but does not know about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment